Thursday, August 1, 2013

Communicating during 4-H Day Camp


Nicole Kibler, Rachel Harriman and Kathryn Flynn get ready for the campers during the Incredible Journey
Today we met the Dominican teens.  It was amazing and fun when getting to know them.  Even though I couldn’t understand the campers, I learned some Spanish words and got to play and have fun with them. I really enjoyed trying out some Spanish words and speaking with the kids. My favorite part was when we all got together and had a water balloon fight, I could tell everyone was enjoying themselves!
Contributed by Nicole D. Kibler, Shenandoah County
 

Lexus Ryman staffing a station during the Incredible Journey
Today was definitely very frustrating for me! Trying to talk to the campers and trying to understand what they were saying was hardest part. Thankfully there were some campers who did speak a little English and we also had the Dominican teens. Everything we did today was very fun. The crafts were really easy to explain to the kids. I figured out that the kids here are way more “high strung” then the kids in Virginia. Some of them are so funny though, you just can’t help but fall in love with them. The water balloon fight was really intense today too. I had water balloons coming from everywhere towards me, which was pretty scary! But over all I’m having a really good time.  
 
Contributed by Lexus Ryman, Shenandoah County

No comments:

Post a Comment